Castle Dental offers new and exciting laser dentistry. Lasers can be used for a number of procedures. Dental lasers offer many benefits to you as a patient.
How Is It Used?
- For patients who have gum disease and are going through advanced treatment with their hygienist, known as scaling and root planing, we can use the laser to treat and sterilize the diseased pockets around the teeth and achieve better success than traditional treatments alone.
- The laser can be used to sterilize deep cavities and potentially prevent root canals.
- For cavities that have exposed nerves, the laser can sterilize and vaporize tissue virtually pain free and can potentially allow the patient to avoid root canal therapy.
- We can make incisions without a "blade" which allows the patient to heal faster and with much less post-operative discomfort.
- We can treat mouth sores, such as apthous ulcers (canker sores) and herpetic ulcerations, and provide a quick pain free recovery.
- Overall, the laser allows faster procedures with faster healing with far less post-operative swelling and discomfort.